If glutathione is so important to our health, why does this term seem unfamiliar? Glutathione (GSH) may not yet be a household word like Vitamin C but its importance to our health cannot be overstated. After all, our bodies depend on it to survive.
Glutathione is a vital peptide (a very small protein composed of the amino acids glycine, glutamine and cysteine) that is naturally produced in every single cell of our body. This protein drives many of the body’s protective processes as a result of its 3 main functions:
- Antioxidant – GSH is the most powerful, master antioxidant occurring naturally in the body. It offers the body protection against damage from oxidative stress. The effectiveness of other antioxidants like Vitamins C and E depend on glutathione.
- Immune System Enhancer – The immune system is dependent upon GSH for its proper functioning, in particular the creation and maintenance of T-cell lymphocytes, the body’s frontline defense against infection.
- Detoxifier – Dozens of toxins are eliminated by the GSH enzyme system, including drug metabolites, pollutants, carcinogens and radiation damage. It is therefore no surprise that GSH concentrations are highest in the liver, the body’s major detoxifying agent.
Glutathione is so important to our well-being that high levels of the protein promote a healthier, longer life while low levels predict early disease and death. It is therefore necessary to keep our glutathione levels elevated at all times especially in the battle against pollution and diseases of the twenty-first century.
Playing specific roles in pathologies related to oxidative stress, toxicology and immune dysfunction, glutathione’s activity in a wide variety of illnesses such as cancer, aids, hepatitis, diabetes, as well as lung, heart, digestive and degenerative diseases etc cannot be overstated. More than 70,000 clinical papers haven proven that elevated levels of GSH have effectively prevented or minimized threats of numerous diseases, prolonged life-span, and promoted good health.
With such an important role to play in the treatment and prevention of hundreds of diseases, the ways of elevating glutathione have also been extensively researched. Many clinical studies have shown that glutathione provides the body with tools to fight off the damaging effects of many diseases in the most natural manner. However, glutathione should not be taken orally as it will have negligible effects on your health. GSH must be manufactured within your own cells and the only way effective way to do this is to give your body the building blocks it needs to manufacture glutathione for itself. Pharmaceutical drugs can help maintain or increase glutathione, and so can some natural resources. There are several ways of raising GSH levels in the body but only a few actually work and some of which have side effects. Medical research have proven that the safest, most effective way of boosting your GSH levels is by taking a natural glutathione precursor – undenatured (bioactive) whey proteins, namely Immunocal.
Immunocal is an undenatured humanized milk serum concentrate that has been clinically proven to enhance GSH production in your body’s cells to effectively improve your immune system naturally. With no negative side effects and no negative interaction with medicine, Immunocal is the only product in the world right now that provides building blocks of GSH in our body of significant value.
The product holds the following credibility:
- “Method of Use” patents awarded worldwide including Singapore (wherein has quoted as “…….in which the whey protein concentrate comprises serum albumin, alfa-lactalbumin and lactoferrin proteins which are cystine rich, in an amount effective to replenish depleted cellular glutathione (GSH), enhance the immune response and exert anti-cancer effects.”). Rarely granted for health supplements, the power of the “Method of Use” patents is not in manufacturing but in its usage i.e. the product must produce clinical evidence on its claimed effectiveness.
- Listed in the Physicians’ Desk Reference amongst all the drugs in the U.S./Canada.
- Listed in the Pharmacists’ Red Book in the U.S.
- Eligible for coverage by Medicare/Medicaid in the U.S., which is very rare for health supplements.
- Awarded Certificate of G.R.A.S. (Generally Recognized As Safe).
- Have the most clinical studies done for a health supplement.
- Dr Luc Montagnier, co-discoverer of HIV from the Pasteur Institute of Paris, had included an entire chapter on Immunocal in his book entitled “Oxidative Stress in Cancer, Aids and Neurodegenerative Diseases”. This is another rare “endorsement” from one of the leading scientists in the world.
To learn more about glutathione (GSH) or Immunocal, please consult your doctor.